From EUR 150
By following the traces that marked its history, we will introduce you to a hidden Ravenna, off the beaten tourist track, discovering the glorious past that made it famous, through an itinerary in search of lost elements of which only a few traces remain.
This time journey will first lead us to the Arian Baptistery, one of the most important testimonies of the Arian-Hostrogothic cult in Ravenna (later condemned to heresy), where we can contemplate the mosaic decoration of the dome, which makes it one of the city's Unesco heritage sites. Here we will also admire the decorative and structural changes that the monument has undergone over the centuries.
Then, we will wander through the alleys of the historical centre, until we reach the gardens of San Vitale, through which we will access the ancient Benedictine monastery that now houses the National Museum, silent guardian of the city's history.
The museum, established more than 100 years ago, has in fact been housing archaeological finds and collections of applied arts since 1885, collected with care, love and patience by citizens and learned monks from the great abbeys. Inside, the Chapel of St Clare, with its Giottesque frescoes, will be the perfect conclusion to this journey discovering the history of Ravenna.
- Arian Baptistery
- Gardens of the Basilica of San Vitale
- Ravenna National Museum
- the 14th century frescoes by Pietro da Rimini da Santa Chiara
- radio guide with headphone jack
- private tour for individuals, couples or small groups up to a maximum of 10 participants; for larger groups it is possible to request a customized quote: email@example.com
- times and days of the event must take into account the opening hours of the monuments concerned, in case of closure of the same you will be proposed an alternative itinerary
- entrance tickets to monuments, museums and exhibitions are NOT included in the price
- it is recommended to book the tour at least 3 days in advance
- if you need invoice, it is mandatory to request it before making the payment by contacting the office at: firstname.lastname@example.org