From EUR 15
The history of Piadina* Romagnola has ancient origins and tells the story of people’s tradition, a symbol of rustic and country life. It is a simple food which, over the centuries, has been praised by major poets including Giovanni Pascoli and the unforgettable Secondo and Raoul Casadei, who dedicated a verse to it in the song Burdèla Campagnola "... oh bèla fiola, zira la pida, st'atenti che l'an's brousa, la pida rumagnola...". Finally, in 2014, it was recognized as a supreme emblem of the Romagna table. The famous piadina has many variations, the one we offer at the Mercato Coperto is the traditional version, soft and made with exquisite Mora Romagnola lard.
The experience includes a GUIDED TOUR OF THE COVERED MARKET by the staff, to discover the history, architecture, the decor and enogastronomic thinking of the place.
from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm
Ravenna Covered Market
P.za Andrea Costa, 48121 Ravenna
Indications: the Mercato Coperto, located in the historical centre, is about 10 minutes walk from both the train station and the Tourist Information Office in Piazza San Francesco
1 hour and a half
Italian & English
- guided tour of the Covered Market
- tasting of piadina with a glass of wine
Own production piadina with 24 months Parma Ham from Langhirano, Squacquerone DOP from Officine Gastronomiche Spadoni and arugula accompanied by a glass of Albana di Romagna or Sangiovese.
- total accessibility of spaces for disabled people
- free wi-fi connection
- animals allowed
- possibility of use of toilets and changing tables
- for those who have a voucher without date we strongly recommend to contact, even the same day, the Mercato Coperto (+39 0544 244611) to book your tasting
- if you require an invoice, you will have to request it BEFORE paying, writing an email at: email@example.com