From EUR 62
In the heart of Ravenna, the capital of mosaic which boasts the beauty of 8 UNESCO monuments, Patrimony of the Humanity, you can create a precious mosaic jewel in a real artisan workshop, where the materials employed are used in little manufactures of Venice and Florence.
Barbara, an expert mosaicist, will receive you with warmth in her laboratory and after a good coffee, she will tell you about the techniques of the byzantine mosaics and contemporary ones and of the high-quality materials employed.
every day at 10 a.m. or 2.30 p.m.
Barbara Liverani Studio
Via Girolamo Rossi 21/A, Ravenna
please arrive 5 minutes before the starting time
Indications: the atelier, located in the historical centre, about 10 minutes walk from both the train station and the Tourist Information Office in Piazza San Francesco
2 hours and a half
- all the instruments employed
- introductive tour about the history of mosaic and the materials employed
- presentation of Barbara’s jewels in order to understand how you can create one
- designing and realisation of the mosaic’s stones cutted by Barbara
- if you are making a pair of earrings, Barbara will help you finish them
English & Italian