From EUR 20
Ravenna of the Rediscovered Mosaics, a journey to discover two guardian places of the ancient mosaic art, of which Ravenna is the capital.
At the TAMO Museum it will be possible to admire important mosaic finds of late antiquity, such as the floor decorations of the Church of San Severo, and more recent productions, such as the works on Dante's subject exhibited in the dedicated section.
We will take you inside the Domus dei Tappeti di Pietra (Domus of the stones carpets), an ancient late Roman dwelling that, discovered randomly in 1993, was the 2017 winner of the prestigious Francovich Prize.
This is an opportunity to appreciate and learn about two excellences, an example of conservation of private floor decorations typical of the period.
English & Italian
- tickets to enter at the monuments included into this tour
- whisper radio guide with headphone jack
- the tour will be confirmed only with a minimum number of participants
- the tour will be confirmed upon availability of the monuments' tickets
- the tour needs to be booked online, or at one of our tourist offices by paying on site
- online booking and purchase of the guided tour are strongly recommended
- [read more]