From EUR 16
+1 Additional options
Ravenna has been the last refuge of the Supreme Poet, father of the Italian language. The city hosts his mortal remains and over the years has always dedicated the month of September to the memory of Dante.
Silent Play for Dante is an immersive guided tour that, thanks to technology and a skillful script, leads the participants to discover how was Ravenna in the 14th century, meeting characters, places and triplets linked to the memory of the Poet: the Basilica of San Francesco, the Classense Library, the Zone of Silence, the TAMO Museum and the Hanging Gardens of the Province.
The Silent Play technology allows participants a highly suggestive experience, to discover some aspects of Dante’s life in Ravenna and immerse themselves in his Comedy, that drew inspiration from the city and its symbolic places: the screenplay by La Piccionaia Centro di Produzione Teatrale, offers not only a simple guided tour, but a poetic and engaging theatrical experience.
Silent Play for Dante is a project of the Municipality of Ravenna, Department of Tourism, to celebrate the 700th anniversary of Dante's death.
Italian tour every Friday at 4.00 pm
English tour upon request
Tourist Information Office
Piazza San Francesco 7, Ravenna
please arrive 10 minutes before the departure time
1 hour and a half
- immersive technology
- tour leader
- entrance tickets to the visited monuments
- groups of a maximum of 15 participants
- limited places: advance booking is recommended
- it is important that you read and respect the Vademecum below
Attention, please! From the 6th August 2021 valid Green Pass holders only can participate to this activity.
The Green Pass must certify one of the following cases:
certification of 2 doses SARS-CoV-2 vaccination (valid for 9 months)
certification of 1 dose SARS-CoV-2 vaccination (valid after 15 days from the inoculation)
certification of recovery from SARS-CoV-2 (valid for 6 months)
a SARS-CoV-2 negative result tested by a molecular PCR swab test or by a rapid antigenic swab test (valid for 48 hours)
If not in possession of the Green Pass it will be necessary to demonstrate the compliance with the mandatory requirements set by the Italian government by showing the vaccination certification received at the end of the vaccination cycle or a negative result of a molecular or antigenic swab test carried out in the previous 48 hours.
Green Pass is not required for children under 12 years of age.
For more information, please see https://www.dgc.gov.it/web
- online booking and purchase of the guided tour are strongly recommended
- in case of telephone booking and on-site purchase, electronic payment methods such as debit card, credit card and Satispay will be preferred
- anyone in possession of a voucher or gift card can use it by telling us the day on which you wish to participate
- we recommend arriving at the Tourist Information Office 10 minutes early in order to check-in at the counter and collect the devices. We ask the courtesy to be on time. You can access inside the Tourist Information Office one person at a time per counter, wearing the mask and after having sanitized your hands, using the gel dispenser at the entrance
- it is mandatory to always keep a distance of at least one meter from other people, who do not belong to your family unit
- the use of a protective mask, covering the nose and mouth, is mandatory for all visitors aged 6 and over. We do not recommend the use of masks with valve
- the devices will always be sanitized by the employees
- as required by the national protocols and the DPCM, personal data will be kept by Ravenna Incoming for 20 days