From EUR 25
“The site is of outstanding universal value being of remarkable significance by virtue of the supreme artistry of the mosaic art that the monuments contain, and also because of the crucial evidence that they provide of artistic and religious relationships and contacts at an important period of European cultural history.” In this way the UNESCO World Heritage motivated why eight monuments of Ravenna had been added to the World Heritage List.
The eternal beauty of the mosaics guarded inside some of the most famous Ravenna Unesco monuments, in a visit that starts from Piazza San Francesco, into the city centre, and leads you to three UNESCO monuments.
_ Basilica of Sant'Apollinare Nuovo
_ Basilica of San Vitale
_ Chapel of Sant'Andrea
- due to the Covid-19 limited entrances, the order of the visit to the monuments may vary.
- the tour will be confirmed only with a minimum number of participants.
- the tour needs to be booked online, or at one of our tourist offices by paying on site.
Telephone reservations are not accepted.
You can consult the full list of our offices at the link:
On this tour you would have the chance to visit three of these precious jewels with an expert local guide that will take care of you.
- Basilica of San Vitale: is one of the most important monuments of the paleochristian art in Italy. With clear eastern influence, the monument was built in the 5th century and it shows an octagonal plan, with a big decorated dome on top. When you enter in the basilica the eyes are drawn up to the high spaces, the mosaic decorations of the apse and the extraordinary representation of the Byzantine imperial couple, Justinian and Theodora and their procession.
- Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo: originally a palatine Church of Arian religion, today gives us the chance to document the evolution of Byzantine wall mosaics from the era of Theoderic to the one of Justinian. Inside, the 26 Christological scenes are one of the biggest monumental cycles of the New Testament of all times.
- Chapel of Sant'Andrea: depicting the glorification of Christ in an anti-Aryan key, it is the only example of an early Christian archbishop's chapel still intact today.
- Online booking and purchase of the guided tour is strongly recommended
- In case of telephone booking and on-site purchase, electronic payment methods such as debit card, credit card and satispay will be preferred
- We recommend arriving at the Tourist Information Office 15 minutes early in order to check-in at the counter and collect the devices. We ask the courtesy to be on time. You can access inside the Tourist Information Office one person at a time per counter, after wearing the mask and sanitizing your hands using the gel dispenser at the entrance
- It is mandatory to always keep a distance of at least one meter from other people who do not belong to your family unit
- The use of a protective mask, covering the nose and mouth, is mandatory for all visitors aged 6 and over. We do not recommend the use of masks with a valve.
- The radio guides are equipped with jacks: if you have your own headphones with jacks, you can bring them and use them during the visit, otherwise we will provide you with disposable ones. The audio guides will always be sanitized by the staff and delivered inside a small plastic bag.
- As required by the national protocols and the DPCM, personal data will be kept by Ravenna Incoming for 20 days
(*) The Ravenna Tourist Information Office answers the number
+39 0544 482838 or to the email email@example.com
from Monday to Saturday, from 8.30 am to 7.00 pm,
Sunday from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
until the 13th of September
Monday to Saturday at 2.45 pm
Sunday 10.15 am
Tourist Info Point
Piazza San Francesco 7, Ravenna
Please arrive 15 minutes before the starting time
- Expert local guide
- Inclusive Ticket of the Diocesi of Ravenna, to enter the monuments included into this tour
- whisper radio guide with headphone jack (please read the vademecum)
- extra 2€ to enter the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia and Battistero Neoniano.
At the end of the tour it will be possibile to pay this extra at the ticket office and visit on your own these other two monuments (subject to availability of time slots).